ANLN Workshop at ICC 2017, Paris, France
- The ANLN Workshop will be held again at ICC 2017 in Paris. Workshop date will be Thursday, May 25, 2017. Further details will be announced soon.
- The first call for papers has been issued (Sept. 2016)
About the Workshop
Localization, tracking, and navigation – for indoor and outdoor environments – have been gaining relevance thanks to the steadily expanding range of enabling devices and technologies, as well as the necessity for seamless solutions for location-based services. Internet of Things, cyber-physical systems, and 5G communication networks will all benefit from localization, tracking, and navigation capabilities, leading to a vast range of new and heterogeneous application scenarios. A current trend in the design of solutions for localization, tracking, and navigation is to use standard, low-cost, and already deployed technologies. These technologies are highly heterogeneous as well, encompassing, to name a few examples, inertial measurement units, sonar, laser, IR, visible light communications, or RF signals. The RF signals typically include WiFi, UWB, RFID, Bluetooth, NFC, 3GPP/LTE, 802.11x, digital TV, or, in general, so-called available signals of opportunity. The availability of such technologies clearly entails that the latest challenge in localization, tracking, and navigation is not only to develop specialized sensors for these tasks but also to design and implement methods that exploit the cooperation of the already available systems. Data fusion, cross-layer optimization, and new application environments are therefore the key aspects for further advances of the field and present exciting challenges for wireless communications and signal processing practitioners and researchers.
The goal of the workshop is to solicit the development of new positioning algorithms based on short-range wireless communications as well as new location-aware procedures to enhance the efficiency of communication networks. It will bring together academic and industrial researchers to identify and discuss technical challenges and recent results related to localization, tracking, and navigation, as well as its connection to communication networks.
The workshop is organized in part by the EU COST Action IRACON, the Austrian Research Network DependableThings, and the EU-Marie Curie Project "PATH".
The workshop will be co-located with IEEE ICC 2017, the International Conference on Communications (http://www.ieee-icc.org/), in Paris, France. It will be a one-day event, scheduled for May 25, 2017. (conference program: http://icc2017.ieee-icc.org/program)
Registration information for the workshop can be found through the ICC website: http://icc2017.ieee-icc.org/registration
Topics of interest
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
- Simultaneous localization, tracking, and mapping (SLAM)
- Data fusion schemes for heterogeneous technologies
- Cooperative localization and cloud SLAM
- Cooperative navigation
- Multi-agent control
- Fundamental limits
- Online Bayesian filtering
- Methods with robust performance
- Position-dependent parameter estimation techniques
- Learning algorithms for environmental mapping
- Localization via signals of opportunity
- Location-awareness for wireless networks
- Hybrid IMU and magnetic pedestrian navigation
- Ultra-wideband technology
- Passive and active RFID
- Spectrum/Energy efficient positioning systems
- Scheduling techniques for cooperative localization
- Wireless sensor radar
- Localization methods for the Internet of Things and 5G networks
- Security and privacy issues
- Mobility models for tracking
- Radio channel models
- Testbeds and experimentation
18 Nov. 2016: submission deadline
17 Feb. 2017: notification deadline
10 Mar. 2017: final manuscript
25 May 2017: workshop date
Paper submissions are handled by EDAS. Please follow this link: https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=22956
Papers will be submitted for inclusion in IEEE Explore under "IEEE International Conference on Communications Workshops 2017 (ICC Workshops 2017)".
Call for papers in PDF
Previous editions of the Workshop
The ANLN Wokshop was previously held at ICC 2013 in Budapest (link to program), at ICC 2014 in Sydney, Australia (link to program), at ICC 2015 in London, UK (link to program), and at ICC 2016 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (link to program).